Renault has revealed the name of its latest SUV to join the range, the Renault Austral.
According to Sylvia Dos Santos, Model-naming Strategy Manager within the Renault Global Marketing Department: “Austral conjures up the vibrancy and heat of the southern hemisphere and extends an invitation to explore, which makes it an ideal fit for an SUV. The word is built around a harmonious balance of sounds that are easy to pronounce by people all around the world, giving it a truly international feel.”
Derived from the Latin word ‘australis’, the Austral forms part of the new range of compact SUVs developed by Renault, boasting innovative connected technology and providing the pleasure of eco-driving. The Austral, which measures in at 4.51m in length, can comfortably carry up to five passengers. This new model demonstrates Renault’s ambition to conquer the C-segment, an objective set out in the Renaulution plan announced back in January this year. The Austral follows the All-New Arkana and the All-New Mégane E-TECH Electric in the C-segment line-up.
Destined to replace the Kadjar in the current range, the Austral will be unveiled in spring 2022.
- Dlr supports Sustainable Goals Week with Decarbonisation and Energy Efficiency
- Ryanair claim reduced winter flights from Dublin is due to “mismanagement” and daa’s lack of forward planning
- READ MÓR: ARTS COUNCIL WILL GIFT OVER 3,600T BOOKS IN HOSPITALS
- Would you like to win a super apartment for €6?
- Dublin Gazette – Digital Edition – September 21, 2023