Irish consumers encouraged to go green

by Rachel Cunningham
0 comment

Refurbed, Ireland’s leading marketplace for refurbished electronic devices, is encouraging Irish consumers to go green this Christmas. 

Overconsumption is a significant driver of the climate crisis as it drives up CO2 emissions.

One in ten Christmas presents ends up in a landfill each year, while 1% of Christmas presents are no longer in use 6 months later.

Refurbed offers consumers the chance to continue enjoying the Christmas season while positively impacting the environment and shopping responsibly and sustainably.

They offer Irish consumers refurbished electronic devices that are 100% sustainable and save up to 40% making it more affordable than purchasing new devices.

Over the last 12 months refurbed has expanded its product base to include game consoles both retro and current generation and household appliances such as coffee machines and robot vacuum cleaners. This is on top of refurbed’s original offering of smartphones, laptops, headphones, tablets and smartwatches. 

Each device goes through a 40-step refurbishment process that produces 70 per cent fewer CO2 emissions when compared with new devices. The remaining 30 per cent of every product sold is offset through the marketplace’s tree-planting initiative, Reforest Nation.

Earlier this year refurbed partnered with the Irish tree-planting initiative Reforest Nation, which allows refurbed customers to pick Ireland as a location to plant a native tree to help rebuild forestation here. 

Related Articles