Fingal County Council has issued prior warning notices at north Dublin coastal beaches over the next 72 hours.
Due to the forecasted heavy rainfall (Met Eireann Yellow Warning) and potential for deterioration in water quality, prior warning notices have been issued for beaches along the Fingal coastline following consultation with the HSE.
The warnings for the beaches are expected to be in effect for 72 hours from today (September 3) and include:
- South Strand, Skerries
- Rush North
- Rush South
- Balcarrick, Donabate
- The Brook, Portrane
- Velvet Strand, Portmarnock
- Burrow, Sutton
During this time, FCC urge people to avoid splashing or swallowing water while at these beaches – it is recommended to avoid swimming if you have a wound, and to wash hands before handling food.
- Sixty the new forty – dlr Age Well Expo
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15