Fingal County Council hosted Áine Lawless from An Taisce for a world sand dunes day event on Blue Flag Rush South Beach in Rush on Saturday last, June 24, writes Rose Barrett.
“Rush Clean Coasts members were also out in force along with Rush Scouts,” said Brendan O’Reilly, Chair Rush Tidy Towns. “At the beginning of the event, Mayor of Fingal, Cllr Adrian Henchy raised the blue flag for the bathing season and then we heard from MC David Storey, Director of Operations.
“This included the topic of Climate Action Fingal before we had a walk and talk along the sand dunes with a Trinity academic who gave us some really insightful information on the importance of protecting sand dunes.
“Let’s Play Rush laid on a variety of toys for the kiddies to play with. Finally, we heard from Annette of Rush TT who talked about the plans the local tidy towns group have as Strategic Development Goals (SDG’s) Champions for 2023/2024.”
Photo shows: Annette Fuhrmann – Rush TT SDG coordinator, David Storey – Director of Operations FCC, Ayda Fuhrmann – Rush Tiny Towns, Brendan O Reilly – Chairperson Rush TTand Rush Clean Coasts, Mayor of Fingal, Cllr Adrian Henchy and Paula Lopez – Rush TT SDG coordinator
- Funny Women Dublin – at Whelan’s on November 6 – tickets selling fast!
- Insurance firm shows how to reduce driving risk factors among young motorists
- ISPCA calls for support as abandoned animals and cruelty cases rise
- Laura Woods hosts breakfast morning for Laura Lynn Charity
- ‘Chupi’ to open new flagship Dublin store this month!