Public voting on South Dublin County Council’s landmark €300k Have Your Say initiative in the Rathfarnham Templeogue Electoral Area has commenced, writes Rachel Cunningham.
This participatory budgeting initiative that has been run by South Dublin County Council since 2017 and allows residents to develop project proposals for their local area and then vote on shortlisted proposals to select winning projects to be funded up to the value of €300,000.
The council received a record 249 submissions from the public during the consultation process, which took place in April and May.
The committee, which is made up of elected members and council officials, reviewed all ideas into a comprehensive shortlist that were then brought to the full council meeting for approval on June 13.
As well as the online vote, the council will also open voting stations on Thursday, June 23, at Ballyroan Library, Greenhills Community Centre and St Jude’s GAA Clubrooms.
Voting closes on Sunday June 26.
- RNLI training at Rowing Club
- Bord Gáis Energy Theatre return to Bord Bia Bloom with Scrumtious Garden!
- HURLING: Keep tabs on Fianna at top of highly competitive top flight
- HOCKEY: Women’s euro club challenge
- Council joins Bord Bia Bloom Festival with special parklet