An integrated care hub based in the Russell Centre, Tallaght, has launched a new pulmonary function lab, writes Rachel Cunningham.
The latest addition to their chronic disease management services, it has recently commenced operation.
The lab is staffed by a senior respiratory physiologist and overseen by the chief respiratory physiologist from Tallaght University Hospital, Orla Wynne.
Dr Deirdre Fitzgerald, the newly appointed respiratory consultant, will work across both the hospital and the integrated care hub ensuring continuity of care of respiratory patients.
A community pulmonary rehab programme, run by a clinical specialist physiotherapist, continues to provide support to those living with respiratory illnesses.
Patients can be referred to both the pulmonary function lab and the pulmonary rehabilitation programme through their GP.
- Bord Gáis Energy Theatre return to Bord Bia Bloom with Scrumtious Garden!
- HURLING: Keep tabs on Fianna at top of highly competitive top flight
- HOCKEY: Women’s euro club challenge
- Council joins Bord Bia Bloom Festival with special parklet
- SOS protest re polluted waters