Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage Darragh O’Brien TD with resident Caitlin Smith at her home in Swords, Dublin at the launch of the EnergyCloud initiative with Fingal County Council to provide free hot water to homes using surplus renewable energy.
Fingal County Council has become the first local authority in Ireland to partner with EnergyCloud to provide free hot water to homes using surplus renewable energy.
The pilot project with Fingal County Council’s Housing Department is supported by SSE Airtricity and will see homes in Swords equipped to benefit from free hot water via EnergyCloud with the installation of an EnergyCloud smart device. Once installed, the devices will use surplus renewable energy, which would otherwise be wasted, to heat immersion tanks. The installation programme commenced last week and Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage Darragh O’Brien TD met with the family who are now part of the EnergyCloud project.
Pictures Brian McEvoy
- Home Farm complete the ‘great escape’ as St Mochta’s celebrate
- All-Ireland Senior F’ball Championship: dubs reeled in by late smith point in opening stalemate
- O’Brien hails squad after run to last eight at euros
- Major information night for residents hosting displaced Ukrainians
- Cultural Centre hosts Africa Day