A church supplier who rammed the gates at the Russian Embassy in Dublin with his truck has been charged with criminal damage and dangerous driving after his truck rammed the Russian embassy gates on Monday afternoon.
Desmond Wisley, 49, was released on bail following the incident at Orwell Road, Rathgar. He had been detained and later arrested at Rathfarnham Garda Station before being brought to appear before Judge Patricia McNamara on Tuesday at Tallaght District Court.
Russia has demanded an apology from the Irish government over the damage and has demanded that the Irish people pay for the cost of putting the gates back in place.
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15
- Dublin Principal Receives Prestigious Teachers Inspire Award at Dublin City University