Thousands of cancer survivors and their loved ones came together as ‘Relay for Life’ Ambassador Shane Filan with fellow band member Nicky Byrne lead the Irish Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Celebrate and remember event in the Aviva.
Relay for Life Ambassador Shane Filan, lit candles of hope for his late mum and dad who both died from cancer, and he joined the Newbridge and Dublin Gospel Choir on stage for a special performance of ‘Raise Me Up’.
Singer songwriter Kiera Dignam gave a special performance in tribute to her dad Christy who passed away in June.
As night fell, the stadium was illuminated with thousands of candles personalised with messages of hope to celebrate cancer survivorship and remember loved ones lost to the disease.
Relay for Life is the world’s largest cancer fundraiser and last night’s event was part of a drive to set up a Relay for Life in every county in Ireland.
To find out more visit www.relayforlife.ie
Picture Andres Poveda Photography
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!