Campaigning group Uplift will stage a protest at Citi, the financial engine room of the fossil fuel industry at their European head office to draw attention to their role in climate change.
The protest is scheduled for 1pm tomorrow, Tuesday June 20 outside Citi Headquarters on North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.
They will be accompanied by a mobile billboard with the message ‘No Pride on a Dead Planet’ in reference to Citi’s PR efforts to portray the bank as caring and ethical during Pride month.
Saoirse McHugh, campaigner at Uplift said ‘Citi is the second largest funder of fossil fuel companies in the world, causing immense suffering and destruction. We refuse to allow Citi bosses use Pride as a cynical ploy to make themselves look good and obscure their role in destroying the planet. Pride is about joy, protest, and solidarity, not injustice and greed. Citi needs to stop pride-washing their dirty business’
Feature photo mock up billboard
- Introducing Bellamianta’s 4-in-1 makeup brush – your new beauty ally!
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm
- Photography a great release – see what St Brigid’s Group has to offer, exhibition now at Blanchardstown Library
- Keep our children safe: state bodies unite to launch National Children First Awareness Week
- Fingal businesses and community groups called to try out new eCargo bikes!