A motorcyclist believed to be in his 20s, died following a collision with a pedestrian in the early hours of this morning.
The accident happened circa 2.45am at a roundabout on Whitestown Way. A pedestrian also said to be in his 20’s was taken to hospital and is reported to have a serious leg injury but non life threatening injuries.
Gardaí stated the motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The area was closed off for gardaí examination and investigation purposes.
An appeal for information has been issued; any road users who may have camera footage, including dash-cam, are asked to make it available to gardaí at your earliest convenience.
Contact Tallaght Garda Station on 01-666 6000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any garda station.
Sadly, three people were killed in motor accidents over the weekend in Donegal including a 9-year old boy knocked down and killed in a hit and run incident, a 50-year-old woman who died following a collision with a lorry, and two men in their 20s who died in separate incidents in the early hours of Sunday morning – one in Buncrana (Donegal) with another death occurring in Lisselton, Co Kerry.
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!