Monday next is Global Motor Neurone Disease Awareness Day. Every year, all over Ireland homes and businesses of all sizes put the kettle on and ‘Drink Tea for MND’, writes Rose Barrett.
This is a special fundraiser to raise much needed funds and awareness for families living with Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
Last year, Drink Tea for MND raised over €250,000, all done online. This year, thankfully, people can meet up while observing social distancing and Drink Tea with MND in person. Finglas is hosting their event on Saturday, 19 June, at Erin’s Isle GAA Club from 9.30am onwards. There will be a cake sale too, and all to support persons and families living with MND.
- Cadbury Supporter & A Half Campaign launches new FAI Cadbury ‘Kick Fit’ programme
- ‘I Beg Your Pardon: Rose Garden’ summer collection now available at Dunnes Stores
- Driving test delays are longest in South Dublin
- Dublin Port security provider is Outstanding Company again
- Dublin named tenth friendliest city to visit in Europe