The library in Ballyfermot is set to loan musical instruments to teenagers this summer.
The library is to offer electric guitars, bass guitars, drum kits, synths and mics to teenagers for free with the use of a library card starting this week.
A pilot program was launched in Pearse Street Library in 2019 and Ballyfermot Library is the second library to get involved with the program.
The GRD Gear Library is in association with Girls Rock Dublin and offers a free “Call and Collect” gear loan service available to teenagers under eighteen.
Over 100 music instruments, amplifiers and musical accessories owned by Girls Rock Dublin are made available to all teenagers through Dublin City Libraries.
Girls Rock Dublin is a non-profit, volunteer-led organisation that builds girls’ and gender non-binary youth’s self-esteem through music creation and performance.
They provide workshops and technical training, GRD creates leadership opportunities, cultivates a supportive community of peers and mentors, and encourages social change and the development of life skills.
To avail of this service you can sign up for a Dublin City Libraries card and browse the gear catalogue and choose the piece you want to borrow click Girls Rock Dublin | Gear Library
Then call the library branch to reserve the item and collect it in person. All items must be returned within 3 weeks, or call the library branch to extend your loan.
- All the style from this year’s Platinum VIP Style Awards
- WICKLOW – From the grandeur of Russborough House to the intrigue of Castleruddery Stone Circle
- Young Environmentalist Awards 2023
- Disney’s Winnie the Pooh The Musical will make its Irish stage debut next summer at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
- Tips on reducing Bakery food waste and Veggie Chopping hacks