Lansdowne Football Club has completed the acquisition of the sports grounds located off Claremont Road in Sandymount from YMCA Dublin, writes Alex Greaney.
The acquisition of this significant site in Dublin 4, will provide Lansdowne FC with the ability to extend its sporting facilities in the local community within which it has had its home and presence since 1872. Lansdowne is located in the Lansdowne Road rugby grounds, with its immediate community links covering Sandymount and the surrounding areas of Ballsbridge, Irishtown, and Ringsend.
The lands, which cover 6.6 acres, are accessed from Claremont Road and comprise a large surface car park with parking for approximately 40 cars adjoining a modern 2-story pavilion and open out into a large expansive site of playing fields, including an all-weather hockey pitch.
- Get a glowing look with celebrity favourite JCat’s ‘SkinSurance’ Foundation!
- RSA warning following heavy rainfall and winds: slow down!
- WINNERS OF YOUNG CHEF YOUNG WAITER AWARDS AT EVENT IN TITANIC BELFAST
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made