Eastwood Books have just published Kimmage: An Illustrated History by Joe Curtis, which examines the history of Kimmage through subjects like religion, education, business, recreation and housing, writes Rachel Cunningham.
It also features fascinating photographs, dating back to the 1930s.
Joe Curtis is a proud Dubliner, whose hobby has been writing about his native city and Ireland since 1992.
At the foundation of the state in 1922, Kimmage was just a crossroads with farmland all around. Thousands of houses were later built by Dublin Corporation in the 1930s, bringing many amenities to the area.
Kimmage: An Illustrated History will be launched by Councillor Mary Freehill at 3pm on Sunday, May 22, in Harold’s Cross Park as part of Harold’s Cross Festival.
- Driving test delays are longest in South Dublin
- Dublin Port security provider is Outstanding Company again
- Dublin named tenth friendliest city to visit in Europe
- Two more steps towards D15 ‘masterplan’ completed
- Exhibitors and new speakers announced dlr Age Well Expo 2023