Homeowners over 65 who are living in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown area can now apply for a new pilot High Security Locks Scheme, writes Amy Rohu.
The scheme will offer residents the opportunity to have existing locks replaced with high security anti-snap locks. The initiative will cover the cost for the replacement of lock barrels only on up to 2 locks per home, front door and back door, by LockSafe Locksmiths.
Speaking at the launch of the scheme, An Cathaoirleach Cllr. Lettie Mc Carthy said: “I am delighted to launch this pilot High Security Lock Scheme for the older citizens of the County. In a recent survey of older people in the County, 93 percent of respondents stated that they felt safe in their own home.
This scheme will offer homeowners in the County, 65 years or older, the opportunity to have the cylinder of the lock on their front and back doors replaced with an anti-snap lock, so giving them added peace of mind.”
The Scheme is open to owner-occupiers of privately-owned homes who reside in the dlr County Council Administrative area aged 65 years of age and over. The scheme is not open to people living in rented accommodation. Applications can be made at dlrcoco.ie.
- Sixty the new forty – dlr Age Well Expo
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15