Legendary broadcaster Gareth O’Callaghan is set to return to radio airwaves with an exciting new show on Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio on February 12. ‘Gareth O’Callaghan At The Weekend’ will air Saturday mornings 10am to 2pm and will feature a blend of classic hits, presented in his own notable style.
Gareth O’Callaghan, a household name for Irish listeners, will bring his wealth of musical knowledge and prowess to the forefront of his new show with music that caters to every decade of his monumental career.
Having announced his retirement in 2018, following his diagnosis with the neurodegenerative illness, ‘Multiple System Atrophy’, (MSA), this will be a very welcome return to the airwaves for his many loyal listeners and the radio station’s fan base throughout Dublin and the rest of the country.
Speaking about his return, Gareth O’Callaghan said: “I’m very excited to get back to Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio after a three and a half year break, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio is one of the most exciting radio stations around and I can’t wait to get back to the studio. I’m invigorated, feeling great and positive about the future. I want to share this positivity with all the listeners and am so looking forward to getting behind the mic once again”.
- Oh, what a night of Culture in Dublin’s fair city
- Be warned: Storm Agnes on the way!
- “Turn2Me” – launches support group for parents of bullied children
- Introducing Bellamianta’s 4-in-1 makeup brush – your new beauty ally!
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm