Trinity College Access have awarded Firhouse Community College the School of Distinction Community Award for its excellence in supporting innovative teaching and learning, writes Kim O’Leary.
Well done to Ms Crossan and to all the staff and students for all their hard work.
The Schools of Distinction Award aims to recognise and showcase the efforts of schools nationwide to transform their school culture and to develop innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
The scheme will recognise the extraordinary work being successfully undertaken by schools in challenging conditions and with limited resources.
This award scheme aims to support the development of ‘college-going’ practices and a student-centred, innovative learning environment across schools nationwide, particularly within schools where there is a low progression rate to post-secondary education.
- Regulator needed to implement MUD Act, claim default home owners
- Credit Unions to take on banks and lend more to the community
- Council to deliver 400 new private houses to market
- Dublin schools acknowledged for LGBTQ+ inclusion
- First ever group of Hairdressing Apprentices Graduated and showcase their skills at Dublin Capstone Event