An Eco gang operating in South Dublin and calling themselves ‘The Tyre Extinguishers’ interfered with tyres of several SUV and other big cars this week, claiming they consider such ‘gas guzzlers’ legitimate targets due to their impact on climate change.
Residents in the Churchtown area were the victims of the nocturnal attack and area TD and Junior Minister Neal Richmond said several households were onto him complaining about the hooded eco thugs.
Minister Richmond tweeted: “It’s now with the local Gardaí. This thuggery is unacceptable, I’m hopeful the investigation can put a stop to this carry on but be vigilant,” he stressed
They left behind them messages to car owners which said: “You’ll be angry, but don’t take it personally. It’s not you. It’s your car.
We did this because driving around urban areas in your massive vehicle has huge consequences for others.”
The letter from the so-called ‘Tyre Extinguishers’ which accompanied their attack on cars in Churchtown this week
- Abandoned or badly parked Tier bikes up by 30pc during the summer: €20 fines applicable
- Glorious nostalgia as Shania Twain elevates at 3Arena gig
- €9m approved in principle for Iveagh Markets regeneration
- GAA Museum celebrates 25 years as a top visitors’ attraction
- Keith Barry opens new Abrakebabra Store on Grafton Street