DFB responds quickly to fire at Blanchardstown apartments

by Rose Barrett
0 comment

Seven units from Dublin Fire Brigade attended a fire at Falcon’s View, an apartment block in Blanchardstown on Sunday last, writes Rose Barrett. 

The fire is believed to have broken out on the eighth floor at around 6pm. Horrified guests looked on from the Crowne Plaza Hotel as billowing smoke and flames spread but onlookers praised the quick attendance of DFB who quickly evacuated the building and curtailed the spread of the fire.

Many residents were rendered homeless and while there was some confusion on Sunday night, Fingal County Council have assured the Gazette that all families and residents have since been given alternative accommodation while officials assess the damage done to the complex and apartments from Sunday night.

One woman who was due to give birth from a C-section on Tuesday last, managed to get her two year old twins and one year old infant out. She described the experience as ‘stressful’ and was still unsure as to when the family could return.

Another mother told of her terror in having to leave her home and pushed to be let into the apartment on Monday to get her baby’s pram.

Investigations at the West Dublin apartment complex are ongoing. Meanwhile, Fingal County Council stated:

“We are grateful to DFB for their speedy response at Blanchardstown on Sunday evening. Our Housing Department have been in contact with the management company of the apartment to help ensure all those impacted have access to any necessary services and accommodation.

“Staff were also on site on Monday last, and will continue to engage with those affected. We have been assured that all of the residents whose apartments are temporarily uninhabitable because of fire damage have been provided with alternative accommodation and we will work with residents and the management company as progress is made with works to repair damaged apartments over the coming weeks.”

The ESB continued to work at the complex this week to ensure all electrics were safe.

Related Articles