From Friday, 26th of August, County Wicklow-based vibrational and abstract artist, Niamh Cooke, will hold her first solo exhibition of up to 30 oil paintings at the tranquil Knockrose Garden in ‘The Scalp’.
Each piece in this collection offers its observer a few moments of quiet reflection – potentially a remedy to ever-increasingly stressful lives, writes Alex Greaney.
Niamh’s intention towards healing has been a common thread throughout her entire career spanning physiotherapy, counselling/healing therapy and now art; after completing a course in art therapy, she has used art as a therapeutic tool during her work with her clients.
Niamh has been immersed in all aspects of art since 2000. In 2009, she developed a passion for stained glass in France, and over the past number of years has returned to the canvas to express her unconscious self with colour, shape, and flow.
- Photography a great release – see what St Brigid’s Group has to offer, exhibition now at Blanchardstown Library
- Keep our children safe: state bodies unite to launch National Children First Awareness Week
- Fingal businesses and community groups called to try out new eCargo bikes!
- Note venue change for tonight’s Housing Information Event with FCC
- Calling Dublin men to do The Dickie Dip for prostate cancer care!