A new Chief Executive has been appointed in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, writes Amy Rohu.
Frank Curran has been appointed to the role from this week and will serve for an initial seven year term.
Speaking this week as he commenced duties, the new Chief Executive said:
“I am joining Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown at a very interesting time in the Local Authority sector. I look forward to working with our Councillors and the Executive on a wide range of service areas and strategic priorities.
This Council has been at the forefront of innovative service provision and public realm projects in recent years and I am eager to engage with everyone in the Council, sectoral stakeholders, local businesses and the local community on new projects.”
A native of Waterford, Frank Curran has previously held the position of Chief Executive in both Wicklow and Leitrim County Councils.
- HURLING: Keep tabs on Fianna at top of highly competitive top flight
- HOCKEY: Women’s euro club challenge
- Council joins Bord Bia Bloom Festival with special parklet
- SOS protest re polluted waters
- Food basket report reveals continuing pressure on family budgets