Eddie Rocket’s famous annual event returned for the first time post-Covid with an event held outside the brand’s South Anne Street diner in Dublin 2.
4 contestants from across Ireland took on the challenge of eating as many hotdogs as they could manage in a 10-minute period. Contestants were monitored by dedicated judges to ensure they finished each hotdog and bun completely before moving onto the next one.
Music and banter was provided by FM104’s Crossy who MC’d the event and kept the audience entertained with fun facts on each contestant. The contest was judged on the day by DJ Ray Shah and Mr Dish Karol Daly, as well as Sinead Hingston.
Crowds gathering on South Anne Street to watch the contest were treated to free Nathan’s
hotdogs served topped with bacon and cheese or sauce of their choice.
The winner of the 2022 Contest was Gary Kelly from Blanchardstown who received the coveted National Hot Dog Eating Champion trophy, as well as free Eddie Rocket’s meals for a year for himself and a friend.
Pics Brian McEvoy
- Dubs leave chance at Leinster final behind
- Home Farm complete the ‘great escape’ as St Mochta’s celebrate
- All-Ireland Senior F’ball Championship: dubs reeled in by late smith point in opening stalemate
- O’Brien hails squad after run to last eight at euros
- Major information night for residents hosting displaced Ukrainians