The Girls in Green are about to take to the pitch for their final game against Nigeria in the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
Disappointed not to have taken a point from their two previous games against co-host Australia and Canada, today, the girls will play for pride and hopefully, garner a point or more from today’s match.
The Irish side have done us proud in being the first ever team to reach the FIFA world qualifiers. Only a penalty in the game against Australia robbed them of a point. And the two goals by Canada were cruel, at least one going against the run of play.
The ROI women take on Nigeria at 11am Irish time. While Ireland are ranked 18th in the World, Nigeria stand in 40th place in the rankings. But the African ladies have made a big impression to date, a draw against Canada but a very credible win over Australia 3-2 has seen them hailed as likely to come out on top of the group. Come on ye girls in green, give it the holly!
The game is in Brisbane with broadcasting already on RTÉ 2.
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair reduce winter flights from Dublin Airport due to “mismanagement” and daa’s lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed