A brother of singer celebrity Ronan Keating (feature photo) was killed over the weekend in a motor accident in Co Mayo.
The late Ciaran and his wife Ann Marie were in the vehicle when the incident occurred, and it is understood she was injured in the incident.
The incident involved two-vehicles and occurred on the N5 at Ballymiles, near Swinford, circa 3.35pm on Saturday last.
The driver of the second vehicle was seriously injured, and was taken to Mayo University Hospital.
It is understood that the couple were travelling to see their son, Ruairi, who plays for Cork City FC in a Premier Division League of Ireland game against Sligo Rovers.
The club tweeted condolences to the family, stating it was “deeply saddened at the passing of Ciaran Keating, father of our player Ruairí Keating”.
Cork City FC wrote: “We extend our deepest sympathies to Ruairi and the entire Keating family at this exceptionally difficult time.”
Asking that the family’s privacy be respected, while funeral arrangements will be confirmed in due course. May he rest in peace.”
Another two people, one man and one woman, who were passengers in each car, are also being treated for injuries which are not thought to be life-threatening.
Garda forensic investigations were carried out on the vehicles involved. Four people died in motor incidents over the weekend, rest in peace, amen.
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP – Laya healthcare reveals
- Disney’s Hit Musical “Aladdin” flies into the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre March 2024
- Marty Morrissey at the premiere of the Hurler -A Campions Tale
- National deaf charity Chime’s new specialist team in Dublin will be a “game changer”
- Dementia Carers Evening at the Mansion House