The newly revamped Carnegie Library was launched last week, writes Rose Barrett, the first completed phase of the Swords Cultural Quarter to be delivered.
The Swords Cultural Quarter is an investment of over €50m by Fingal County Council in Swords and construction has begun on the major library, theatre, gallery and cafe on the corner of Seatown Rd and North St.
Cllr Ian Carey (GP for Swords) said: “It is fantastic to see the Carnegie Library restored to its former glory and it will be a marvellous resource for all sorts of community groups in Swords. Drama groups, choirs, musicians and many more will be able to use this space for their creative endeavours. It’s really wonderful to see and I’m looking forward to the public opening of the building – hopefully very soon!”
- Dublin Gazette – Digital Edition – February 22, 2024
- Cut to post mastectomy allowance slammed as ‘mean spirited and callous’
- Minister announces new funding for organ donation and transplant services
- Student accommodation proposal on Naas Rd rejected by DCC
- Fingal gets €22m from NTA – up €5m on last year