In excess of €3.9m of cannabis was seized over the past two days in Dublin 3, as part of operation Tara.
Gardaí attached to the DMR North and Dublin Crime Response Team conducted searches in the D3 3 area, on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 October last.
During the course of a search of a vehicle in Drumcondra, D3, on Wednesday last, the Dublin Crime Response Team seized 21kgs of cannabis with an estimated value of €420,000 (analysis pending).
Following the seizure, a man (42) was arrested and detained at a Garda Station in the Dublin area, under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996.
As part of the investigation, an additional search was carried out at an industrial premises in the Fairview area of Dublin 3 by Gardaí from DMR North attached to Drugs and Detective Units from Raheny and Clontarf Stations, supported by the Garda National Dog Unit, on Thursday 12 October 2023.
During this search a further 174kgs of cannabis with an estimated value of €3.5m(analysis pending) was discovered.
Investigating Gardaí continue to detain the man (42) arrested on Wednesday under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996. He can be held for up to seven days.
All of the drugs seized will now be sent to Forensic Science Ireland (FSI) for analysis.
Investigations are ongoing and further updates will follow.
- Man who confessed to robbing post office under duress jailed for 21 month
- What lies ahead for Dublin’s Homeless this Christmas?
- It was a world of Pure Imagination as Charlie and The Chocolate Factory the musical opens in Dublin
- Tonights EuroMillions jackpot is heading for a record-breaking €240 million
- Man faces sentence for involvement in a €1.4 million money laundering scheme