Protecting, preserving and enhancing the Camac river in Clondalkin by highlighting its heritage, wildlife and ecosystem for present and future generations.
The events planned for Heritage Week are:
1. Walk and Talk along the Camac river on Sunday August 13 at 2.00 pm to 3.30 pm.
The flow of the river Camac through time . Come along to an interactive walk and talk along the Camac river. Listen and share stories about its rich heritage, history, birds, fishing, fauna and restoration of the Camac river and its importance both past and present.
Meet at Civic Plaza 9th Lock Road , Clondalkin Eircode D22 E9X5
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Fishing is Fun – Family Fun Day for all the family.
Sunday August 20 from 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm. Enjoy an introduction to fly casting and spinning for all the family. Come along and meet with members of the former Clondalkin Anglers Association about past times fishing on the river. Try your hand at casting and spinning and learn about your wonderful local amenity that is the Camac river.
We will provide rods and experts to show you how to get started. Anyone can do it and all are welcome. Meet in car park of Clondalkin Leisure Centre, Old Nangor Road. Eircode D22 E283.
PHOTO COURTESY OF “FRIENDS OF THE CAMAC” FACEBOOK PAGE
- Actress and breast cancer survivor Karen Egan urges public to get behind the Irish Cancer Society’s Big Pink Breakfast campaign
- Dog lovers united at sunset for ‘The Big Paws’ with Dogs Trust Ireland
- Corban Walker’s first solo exhibition
- Deirdre O’Kane is back with Funny Women Dublin – tickets selling fast!
- Super facelift for St Francis Senior NS by Speed Fibre employees