St Laurence’s School History Book

by Amy Rohu
0 comment

Kilmacud Stillorgan Local History Society have published a book on St Laurence’s Boys National School, writes Amy Rohu.

The book tells of how the locals in the area worked to establish a national school in Stillorgan Village in the 1830s and how it went from it’s original location on the Old Dublin Road to it’s new location in 1931. The book contains interviews with past pupils, teachers and those who have been associated with the school over the years. It also contains a collection of photographs.

The book is available to purchase now for €15 from the South Dublin Credit Union in Stillorgan and also from the history society’s online shop at www.kilmacudstillorganhistory.ie

Click on link to read more in this weeks Digital Edition

Related Articles