A beautiful Tree of Life mosaic by local artist Akvile Simanskiene is located at Quay Street playground, and admired by many, writes Rose Barrett.
Each piece of this intricate mosaic was hand cut and involved lots of community support and input. The mosaic was conceived and created during COVID lockdown with support from Our Balbriggan placemaking fund, Balbriggan Tidy Towns, O’Dwyers GAA, Grasshoppers Early Years Arts Festival (hand prints) and local business Touch Design Ceramics.
Be sure to pop down to Quay Street and enjoy this work of beauty and precision.
#Creative Balbriggan #LoveWhereYouLive
- Introducing Bellamianta’s 4-in-1 makeup brush – your new beauty ally!
- “Balbriggan Stockings, Old Masters and the Bells of Howth” at the Bracken Court on Weds next, 8pm
- Photography a great release – see what St Brigid’s Group has to offer, exhibition now at Blanchardstown Library
- Keep our children safe: state bodies unite to launch National Children First Awareness Week
- Fingal businesses and community groups called to try out new eCargo bikes!