A 23-year-old man was killed in a shooting incident in Finglas yesterday evening, in what was the first gangland killing of 2023.
Gardaí are investigating the fatal shooting incident which saw the young man – named locally as Brandon Ledwidge – shot at least four times, to the head and body at his home on Barry Drive.
Gardaí and emergency services personnel were alerted shortly before 7pm on Saturday, November 18 and paramedics attended the victim at the scene. The Finglas man was then removed by ambulance to Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown where he was pronounced deceased.
The scene was preserved for forensic and technical examination and the Coroner notified. Gardaí believe the shooting may be drugs related.
A family liaison room has been set up at Finglas Garda Station, and a murder investigation has commenced.
Gardaí are appealing for witnesses or anyone with relative information to come forward. Contact Finglas Garda Station or the Garda Confidential Line at 1800 666 111.
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!