Gardaí at Ashbourne investigating the death of a man whose body was discovered on Saturday, December 10 last.
The victim is believed to be in his early 20s, and was brutally beaten and wrapped in carpet. No attempt was made to bury the body, which was dumped in remote lands at Belgree Lane, Kilbride, Co Meath
Gardai believe this was not a gangland-related killing and ascertain the victim is a non-national but won’t be named until his family have been contacted.
The scene was examined by members of the Garda Technical Bureau but investigating detectives have yet to identify the murder scene.
The body of the deceased was removed to the Mortuary in Whitehall, Dublin where a post-mortem examination was conducted by Dr Margot Bolster, Office of the State Pathologist.
Investigating Gardaí are appealing for information.
They are particularly appealing to anyone who travelled along Belgree Lane, Kilbride on Friday, December 9 or Saturday 10 to come forward.
Motorists with dashcam footage from this location are asked to make it available to Gardaí as it may help to identify the vehicle that transported the body and disposed of it in the Kilbride area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Incident Room at Ashbourne Garda Station on 01 801 0600 or the Garda confidential Line 1800 666 111.
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15
- Dublin Principal Receives Prestigious Teachers Inspire Award at Dublin City University