Loughlinstown Estate Management and Southside Partnership, Ballybrack ran a Recycled Easter Bonnet Competition last Friday, 31st March, in Gaelscoil Phadraig, Loughlinstown. The pupils found style and colour in the everyday things we all throw out, writes Alex Greaney.
The task of judging on the day was given to The President of Dun Laoghaire Rotary Club, Fred Duffy, and local Community Garda, Gary Deegan.
The aim of the day was to encourage kids to see everyday waste as a useful thing and to empower them to take care of their local environment. But most importantly, to have a laugh at each other’s wonderfully flamboyant creations.
- Dubs leave chance at Leinster final behind
- Home Farm complete the ‘great escape’ as St Mochta’s celebrate
- All-Ireland Senior F’ball Championship: dubs reeled in by late smith point in opening stalemate
- O’Brien hails squad after run to last eight at euros
- Major information night for residents hosting displaced Ukrainians