From eel and ale and sheep’s milk yogurt to eco-friendly pig farming and Irish cheese, the winners of the 30th Irish Food Writers’ Guild Food (IFWG) Awards have been announced.
Since the Food Award’s inception, each winner has been chosen independently and anonymously by IFWG members, recognising the best in Irish food by shining a light on smaller producers who might otherwise slip under the radar.
From traditional products of the highest quality to new innovations, the winners are a diverse group that represent a commitment to provenance, sustainability, quality and flavour above all else.
The winners of the 2023 Irish Food Writers’ Guild Food Awards are:
- Smoked Lough Neagh Eel, Pat & Catherine Close
- Velvet Cloud Sheep’s Milk Yogurt, Michael and Aisling Flanagan
- Ballylisk of Armagh, Mark Wright & Andrena Nash
- Beoir Chorcha Dhuibhne for Béal Bán, Adrienne Heslin
- Aran Island Goats’ Cheese, Gabriel Faherty
- The Wooded Pig, Eoin Bird
- Field of Dreams – Down Syndrome Cork, Debbie Kelleher and Nicky Green
- Sheridan’s – Seamus Sheridan
To find out more go to www.irishfoodwritersguild.ie
Featured image: Group of winners Pat Close Lough Neagh Fishermans Cooperative, Adrienne Heslin West Kerry Brewery, Eoin Bird Wooded Pig, Mark Wright Ballylisk Dairies, Gabriel Faherty Aran Islands Goats Cheese, Aisling Flanagan Velvet Cloud with Nicky Green (left) and Debbie Kelleher (right) Down Syndrome Cork Field of Dreams
Photos – Paul Sherwood