Works at Casteheany/St Benedicts school were due to start on Tuesday last.
Fingal County Council states this important work will continue until March 2023 and will involve the construction of “School Zones” which will include, buff coloured surfaces, the placing of new pencil bollards, road markings, signage and the construction of new rain gardens.
This project will ensure that the presence of schools and children in the area is highlighted to road users. Junctions surrounding the school will also be worked on to reduce corner radii.
This will reduce vehicle speeds and shorten crossing distances, leading to safer conditions for children and vulnerable pedestrians and those using bikes in the area.
FCC apologises for any inconvenience caused by these works.
Picture Pic Orla Murray/Coalesce
- Calvin Klein’s new store at Blanchardstown Centre recording busy footfall
- Defending All-Ireland champs Crokes see off Naas to claim third Leinster crown in a row
- Jailed for robbing handbags from two elderly women
- Lucan pay the penalty in thriller
- Council to consult with Disabled Persons Organisations