The Health Service Executive owes Dublin City Council €116.8m for the ambulance service provided by Dublin Fire Brigade.
Cllr. Daithí Doolan said: “The Health Service Executive owes Dublin City Council €116.8m for the emergency ambulance service provided by Dublin Fire Brigade. These figures were revealed to me in a response I received at tonight’s Council meeting.
“At a time when City Council’s finances are over stretched it is unacceptable that a state agency is holding the council to ransom. The funding deficit has increased from €9.41m to €16.55m since 2014. This funding could be used for badly needed housing, community centres and recreational services.
“The responsibility for this fiasco lies squarely at the foot of the Government. Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly must release the money owed to Dublin City Council as a matter of urgency. “
- Tips on reducing Bakery food waste and Veggie Chopping hacks
- Wicklow – for swimming, walks and simply enjoying the huge array of nature’s bounty
- DCU goes Wild for Cruinniú na nÓg
- Jazzy experiences stratospheric rise with debut single
- Trager fest day at Outdoor Scene