The Dublin South-Central branch of the Green Party has chosen a new candidate for Ballyfermot-Drimnagh, writes Rachel Cunningham.
Ray Cunningham has strong roots in the local area and has lived in Walkinstown with his family for over twenty years.
He is active in community groups such as the local running club and parkrun and is on the organising committee of the Wonderful Walkinstown Festival.
“I’m running for election because we need to face up to the challenges of climate change and biodiversity loss,” said Ray.
“But this is also an opportunity to make Dublin a better place to live. Insulation and solar panels make our homes more comfortable and cheaper to run. Making space for nature around us makes our communities nicer places.
“Enabling people to drive less, by making walking and cycling easier and providing better public transport, makes our streets quieter and safer. I’m asking for your support to make a positive change on the council.”
Ray will host a free event to discuss the benefits of retrofitting on September 30 in Moeran Hall.
- The Helix announces this years Christmas Panto!
- Marie Keating foundation schools awareness cancer programme
- Trócaire thanks Dubliners for help in support 1.58 million people across globe
- Works get underway on the Tymon Park Intergenerational Centre
- Dublin’s iconic Café en Seine Celebrates 30 years of excellence with a star-studded affair