The Minister for Housing has announced €83.125m in funding for Housing Adaptation Grants for Older and Disabled people for 2023, writes Rachel Cunningham.
This is a 2.3 per cent increase nationally on the initial 2022 funding allocation and represents a continuation of the year-on-year increases in the grant since 2014.
South Dublin County Council has been allocated €3,792,515, which is a 6.2 per cent increase on its 2022 allocation.
Grants of up to €30,000 are available to assist disabled people in carrying out necessary works to make a dwelling more suitable for their needs.
Additionally, grants of up to €8,000 are available to assist older people to have necessary repairs or improvements carried out on their homes, under the Housing Aids for Older Persons Scheme.
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made
- Five deaths on Irish roads this weekend including motorcycle fatality in Tallaght
- ‘Life in Ireland and Fingal’ theme for Festival of History
- Driveyou.ie car and van sharing announces 12 new locations in Fingal