Yesterday, Friday February 17 saw gardaí from the Garda Extradition Unit, Garda National Bureau of Criminal Investigation, surrender four men to Polish National Police.
The men – all aged in their 40s – were surrendered at Baldonnell Aerodrome, Dublin 22, and had previously been arrested on European Arrest Warrants issued by Polish Authorities.
Speaking re the handover, Detective Superintendent Michael Mullen of the Garda Extradition Unit said,
“This successful operation highlights strong international co-operation between An Garda Síochána and international partners resulting in the removal of fugitives who posed a risk to communities in Ireland.
“This operation also highlights the continued commitment of domestic stakeholders including the Department of Justice, The Defence Forces and the Irish Prison Service all of whom work in tandem to ensure wanted fugitives are brought to justice.”
- Ballyboden close gap on Sarsfields
- Permission for almost 1,000 apartments in Blanchardstown upheld by An Bord Pleanála
- Dublin awardees granted project funding under new N-TUTORR programme
- High Res Wins at National Enterprise Awards
- Dundrum South Dublin AC launch summer camps