Nothing says Christmas like a glass of warm mulled wine. The perfect balance of festive spice mixed with a good quality red wine is the perfect way to toast the season. To make a non-alcoholic version just follow the recipe using a non-alcoholic red wine. Cheers!
- 750ml bottle red wine
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 strips lemon zest, pared using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
1. Put the red wine, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, lemon zest and sugar in a large pan. Cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
2. Remove from the heat and cool, leaving to infuse for about 30 mins.
3. To serve, heat without boiling and pour into mugs or heatproof glasses.
Recipe from BBC Good Food. Please remember to always drink responsibly.
- Sixty the new forty – dlr Age Well Expo
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15