Everyone’s favourite chocolate brand Lindt, have launched their new EXCELLENCE Caramelised Hazelnut bar. To coincide with the launch, the brand have also shared an exclusive cocktail recipe using the new bar, perfect for the weekend!
Lindt EXCELLENCE Chocolate Washed Vodka
This is a simple process that will leave you with a spirit bursting with the elegant and rich flavours of Lindt EXCELLENCE. The process is very easy and can be applied to ANY spirit and ANY of the wonderful Lindt EXCELLENCE range, giving you infinite possibilities so get creative!
- 200g (2 bars) Lindt EXCELLENCE Caramelized Hazelnut
- 750ml Vodka (or spirit of your choice)
- Add all ingredients to a zip lock bag. Bring a pot of water to the boil and then lower to a light simmer.
- Carefully place the zip lock bag into the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bag and leave in a cool space for 2 hours.
- Place the bag in the freezer. (This process will freeze all of the chocolate solids so that it can be strained).
- When the chocolate is frozen (approximately 5 hours), take the bag out and strain through a coffee filter.
- Bottle and store in the fridge (shelf life of 1 month).
Now that you have your chocolate spirit, get creative! An Espresso Martini with Caramelised Hazelnut vodka sounds pretty tasty, here’s the recipe below.
Lindt EXCELLENCE Caramelised Hazelnut Espresso Martini
- 50ml Lindt EXCELLENCE Caramelised Hazelnut Vodka
- 20ml Coffee Liqueur
- 35ml Espresso
- Pint of salt to garnish
Add all ingredients to the shaker, shake hard and strain into your favourite cocktail glass!