Fingal County Council has been re-certified as an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer for the maximum permitted period of three years. Fingal currently has 65 engineers who work across the many council service areas in the county.
That includes staff operating in roles dealing with transport needs, housing, major infrastructure projects, public realm enhancements, water services and the environment. An example of one such project underway in Fingal involves the construction of Ireland’s first Dutch-style roundabout in Dublin 15.
Nicola Humphreys, a Senior Executive Engineer with Fingal said: “I would highly recommend a career in a local authority to any graduate engineer. There are plenty of areas that engineers could work in, be it Planning and Strategic Infrastructure, Operations, Environment, Climate Action & Active Travel departments. Engineers in the Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department get involved in projects right from the start, progress them to site, through construction and to completion.
“As an engineer in the local authority, you can make a really positive difference in your community. “
Candidates interested to learn more about FCC engineering opportunities, see https://www.fingal.ie/jobs
- Sixty the new forty – dlr Age Well Expo
- Air Canada Resumes Non-Stop Services from Dublin Airport to Vancouver and Montreal
- Over 100,000 visitors attend Bord Bia Bloom 2023
- 58 clean-ups registered in Co Dublin as 800 volunteers celebrate Clean Coasts’ 20th birthday
- Foster in Your Community Week: making a difference in Dublin 15