A Fine Gael Senator has claimed that a funding boost for the community-based organisation FamiliBase will provide huge opportunities for young people in the Ballyfermot/ Cherry Orchard area.
Dublin South Central Senator, Mary Seery-Kearney, noted the significance of this intervention, which will support 30 young people in the area.
“The FamiliBase programme ‘That’s a Wrap ’has been granted funding of over €135,000. This boost is extremely positive for the area. This is a close knit and proud community that deserves state support and investment to ensure an equality of opportunity for our young people”, she said.
“I support and welcome the tremendous work that FamiliBase carry out. The organisation works with children, young people and families in Dublin 10. This project proposes to respond to the needs of 30 ‘hard to reach’ young people through an assertive outreach programme.
“Street workers would build relationships with identified young people and will apply an intensive wraparound case management programme as engagement with the families of the target group. This is key for sustainable change to take place”, the senator concluded.
- Revised LRD application for 1020 homes and nature park in Donabate
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made
- Five deaths on Irish roads this weekend including motorcycle fatality in Tallaght
- ‘Life in Ireland and Fingal’ theme for Festival of History
- Driveyou.ie car and van sharing announces 12 new locations in Fingal