A new national strategy has been employed to guide the future of digital services in local government, writes Rose Barrett. Fingal residents are now being asked for feedback on how to improve digital services.
Local authorities including FCC want to understand how you currently use digital and online services and how you would like to use digital local government services in future.
A new Digital and ICT Strategy is being created for local government which aims to use the power of digital to improve how local authorities work, and to better improve services for the public and for businesses.
FCC and all the local authorities want to hear from the public and businesses to gain a better understanding their needs and help inform a new Local Government Digital and ICT Strategy.
The survey findings will help local authorities to:
- Deliver better online local government services
- Plan for the future of digital and ICT in local government;Understand what works well for members of the public or businesses
- Understand where we need to do more to help people to use and access online local government services.
The survey can be completed online at www.lgma.ie. Closing date is scheduled for Friday, August 4 next
Urging the public and businesses in Fingal to take part in the survey, Head of Digital Services, Fergus Healy said, “The Digital and ICT strategy for local government will have a big impact on how local authorities work and provide services. We will capture the voice of our customers to inform the design and delivery of customer-centric Digital Transformation. Digital and ICT present huge opportunities and we want to harness them to the benefit of all in society. So please, let your voice count and make sure to have your say on this important strategy.”
- Shopping Centre prominent for Mental Health Ireland
- ‘We’re running the Dublin Marathon for our son Ross – and to help other parents and families to cope with suicide’
- One in ten people in Ireland do not have a family GP – Laya healthcare reveals
- Disney’s Hit Musical “Aladdin” flies into the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre March 2024
- Marty Morrissey at the premiere of the Hurler -A Campions Tale