An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar TD presented Ireland’s legendary broadcaster Charlie Bird with the World Public Relations and Communications Award for the “Climb with Charlie” campaign.
Following on from the hugely successful “Climb with Charlie” campaign, the fundraising event went on to win ‘Best Not-For-Profit Award’ at this year’s Global Awards.
Public Relations professional and pal of Charlie’s, Paul Allen of Paul Allen and Associates submitted the entry. The PR firm was the lead organiser and communications team behind the initiative.
The initial fundraising goal was €1 million, however, the campaign raised over €3.6 million for two great charities.
Charlie Bird came up with the idea of “Climb with Charlie” following his own diagnosis with Motor Neurone Disease to help and show support to anyone suffering a terminal illness and anyone in a dark place with their mental health.
Featured Image: Paul Allen, Allen Allen & Associates, An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar and Charlie Bird with his dog Tiger.
Picture Maxwells Photography
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!