Talbot lodge hosted a meeting with Beaumont Hospital Gerontology Outreach service and Nursing Leaders from Local Residential care Facilities.
The Outreach service was set up to meet the growing need for Specialist Geriatric Services for frail older persons residing within Residential Care Facility settings in the Beaumont catchment area.
The vision for the service is to provide specialist assessment, advice and clinical support to primary care teams who care for nursing home residents who are otherwise unable to attend hospital-based specialist services and also to those who are frequently attending the hospital for acute care.
‘It is provided in two ways with outreach to local nursing homes and with in-reach to nursing home residents admitted to Beaumont hospital to assist in decision making and discharge planning. We look forward to 2024 and working collaboratively for our residents” said Vanessa Kelleher, Beaumont Hospital.
Featured Image: Deborrah Brennan, Vanessa Kelleher and Neena Sivan Beaumont Hospital
Pictures Alison O’Hanlon
- ATHLETICS : A record of 11 athletes from Lucan Harriers toed the line alongside 8 Irish Olympians
- BASKETBALL: Liffey Celtics get their title challenge back on the rails
- ‘King Kong’ Carroll set for home world title challenge
- Heritage and ecological concerns of the Old School House, Clonsilla back in the public domain
- Six Dublin restaurants win in Deliveroo awards 2024