Business owners and residents have been warned that they could be held liable if their waste is found not to have been disposed of correctly, writes Rachel Cunningham.
Dublin City Council is calling on Dubliners not to leave materials that can be used for building bonfires in accessible locations.
The council’s Waste Management Services division has been removing material since late August.
On-call out of hours crews will be available across Dublin to assist Gardai in removing such materials.
Last year was the second year in a row where there was a decrease in the tonnage collected and in the number of bonfires and reports made.
The public is being asked to ring Dublin City Council on 222 2222 or to contact Citizen Hub on www.citizenhub.dublincity.ie if they see bonfire materials being stockpiled.
- Legendary Q102 Presenter Aidan Cooney moves to new weekend slot
- Stewarts Care’s Christmas Wanderlights opens to the public
- Introducing the must-have innovative ‘ShapeLift’ Leggings by New Dimensions Active
- Dazzling Dublin Winter Lights switched on!
- Dublin, there is still time to make a child smile this Christmas!