Gardaí are investigating all the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body of a male on Bower Beach in Balbriggan, on Thursday last, April 20.
Members of An Garda Síochána are aware of certain images taken at the beach on Thursday being circulated on social media messaging apps. An Garda Síochána is appealing to the public not to share these images.
“The circulation of such images is not only disrespectful to the family of the deceased but is also unhelpful to the Garda investigation” said the Garda Press Office.
Gardaí are currently following a number of definite lines of enquiry and are making efforts to contact the family members of the deceased.
An Garda Síochána is not in a position to provide further details at this time.
- Dublin Principal Receives Prestigious Teachers Inspire Award at Dublin City University
- Calling on Dublin women small business owners: Visa brings She’s Next Programme to Ireland
- Summer Irish Pop-Up Collective
- The Alarm: “I found myself unconsciously playing along to the beeps of the heart monitors”
- Street Feast calls on Dublin communities to come together for a national day of celebrations!