Gardaí are investigating an alleged assault and false imprisonment of a man following an incident in Fitzgibbon Street, Dublin 1 in the early hours of yesterday morning Friday 14 at approximately 2am.
It’s understood one man aged in his mid 50s was held against his will and assaulted by a man, aged in his early 30s after he got into the taxi which had travelled from West Dublin into the city centre.
The taxi driver managed to alert Gardaí on patrol on Fitzgibbon Street and the passenger was arrested. The taxi driver was threatened and assaulted during the incident.
The man, aged in his early 30s was arrested at the scene and conveyed to a Garda station in the city centre. He remains detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
Feature photo: file image used.
- Dáil abuse and verbal attacks intolerable and intimidating with 13 arrests made
- Five deaths on Irish roads this weekend including motorcycle fatality in Tallaght
- ‘Life in Ireland and Fingal’ theme for Festival of History
- Driveyou.ie car and van sharing announces 12 new locations in Fingal
- Royal Dublin’s Foley set for title defence