This BBQ season, ALDI has teamed up with chef, BBQ extraordinaire and fire cooking expert, John Relihan. His smoking hot recipes are a must try this summer.
John’s Beer Can Chicken with Lime, Coriander and Grilled Corn Salsa recipe is the perfect showstopper to take your BBQ up a notch.
This recipe is a great BBQ challenge to get you ready for Ireland’s Hottest Grill Master competition. See full details of the competition below.
Beer Can Chicken with Lime, Coriander and Grilled Corn Salsa:
- Butcher’s Selection Large Whole Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Specially Selected Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil
- Pinch Stonemill Sea Salt
- 40g of Stonemill Chicken Seasoning
- ½ Nature’s Pick Lime
- 3 Springs Nature’s Pick Coriander
- Whole Nature’s Pick Fresh Corn on the Cob
- Nature’s Pick Red Onion
- Nature’s Pick Chili
- Solesta Olive Oil
- Nature’s Pick Coriander
- The Deli Cider Vinegar
- Nature’s Pick Lemons
- Kilkeely Butter
- Stonemill Rosemary
- Nature’s Pick Thyme
- Preheat the Grill. Making sure one side of the grill is hot and the other a medium heat.
- Rub the whole chicken with rapeseed oil and season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Sprinkle the ALDI seasoning mixture all over the chicken and rub in well.
- Place the chicken on the beer can, stand with the can open, half filled with beer, and place where the grill has less charcoal, at medium heat. Place the lid of the BBQ on top and cook the chicken until fully cooked (45-50 minutes) at 180 degrees Celsius.
- While cooking the chicken, place ½ the lime on the grill’s medium heat until soft and remove once done.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate, sprinkle the coriander and corn salsa over the top and squeeze the grilled lime over the chicken.
- Enjoy with a chilled can of cold beer.
BBQ Shopping list:
- Stonemill Rosemary €0.35 (20g)
- Nature’s Pick Mixed Chilies €0.49 (50g)
- Nature’s Pick Lime €0.59 (3 pack)
- Stonemill Chicken Seasoning €0.89 (52g)
- Nature’s Pick Large Red Onion €0.99 (3 pack)
- Stonemill Sea Salt €0.99 (110g)
- Nature’s Pick Coriander €0.99 (30g)
- The Deli Cider Vinegar €0.99 (500ml)
- Nature’s Pick Lemons €0.99 (3 pack)
- Nature’s Pick Thyme Herb Pack €0.99 (25g)
- Kilkeely Butter €1.69 (227g)
- Nature’s Pick Fresh Corn on the Cob €1.79 (2 pack)
- Specially Selected Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil €2.99 (500ml)
- Solesta Olive Oil €3.79 (1L)
- Butcher’s Selection Large Whole Chicken €4.69 (1900g)
Ireland’s Hottest Grill Master competition:
ALDI is on the hunt to find the kings and queens of BBQ with one being crowned Ireland’s Hottest Grill Master.Later this summer, the one lucky winner will receive a €5,000 ALDI gift card for first prize, plus an ALDI Egg BBQ. The four runners-up will get their hands on a €250 ALDI gift card and summer hamper.
ALDI is calling on the people of Ireland to submit their nominations to Ireland’s Hottest Grill Master Competition -so if you want to show off your smoking hot BBQ skills, simply log onto https://www.aldi.ie/hottest-grill-master to tell us why you or your nominee deserves to win the title of Ireland’s Hottest Grill Master.
- Proactive steps for your baby’s health
- Host a coffee morning, attend a coffee morning or donate to the cause to raise vital funds
- Ryanair claim winter flights reduction from Dublin Airport is due to daa’s “mismanagement” and lack of forward planning
- Ladies full boxy, mind and soul workout
- Fingal prioritise ‘Make Way Day’ with new Access Officer appointed